Sunday 21 April 2013

yep still here!






Wednesday 17th April

Well, where to start been a bit all go here. Decided to get some help in and move furniture around I have good stuff and as much as I would love to go shopping for some more it’s not an option. Also it’s cheaper to do things this way.
I have however reserved a little cash to try and find a pine chest type box for extra storage and to double up as a coffee table.


Thursday 18th April
It’s also a good opportunity to have a final clear out and decide what it is I want to use for my wedding and what has really had its day here.. Talking of my wedding I went and was measured for my dress pattern and have bought the fabric and all the bits necessary for it so I can pop it in the loft and sewing can start next year. Managed to get a really good deal thought the fabric was £11 per meter read the wrong label it was only £7 it a Good weight and will drape well. Included in the price was all the netting buttons zip lining and a twal fitting for £230 not including cotton as I will need to order that later. I have decided on my florist and helper also we have pretty much decided on a venue. As for catering and the like not too sure. Went to my one and only wedding fair dear god never ever again! I went from being mother of the bride to marring my lesbian lover in one step to a different stall. All I can say is this marry who you love but please don’t make an assumption to my orientation!!!! So I WILL be baking my own cake and finding someone else to pretty it up.




Saturday 20st April

Dad and I put out back into the garden yesterday did a huge clear up and ditched oodles of junk decide we wanted a smaller table and to change the hanging baskets. I asked if we could compromise keep the baskets and maybe change the chain or hamerite it and the same for the base of the sun brolly as it looks tatty but is solid. He reluctantly agreed and we will (I hope) just change the table and re use the seating think we need to see what’s about first though
Also I have been so complacent about my diet of late and it shows me lardy arse is rubbin out me foot prints so back on the wagon I go. I know I can do it I’m just lazy lately.
Any suggestion people have for a bread substitute or some way of diverting my craving I would be very pleased to hear from you.




Sunday 21st April

Today is lots of scrappy jobs prepping lunch and making Yorkshire puddings. We will be needing a desert and I have already put laundry on the line. Packed my bag for the gym and will after this do a very quick pick up of the house and pack a few boxes. Hope to do this before Dad is back from church save him a job as he’s tired and also a friend of his who was married for over 50yrs lost his wife to a stroke last week. I try and imagine a lifetime of such a close relationship and I am in awe of him and his generation I know we in more recent times have weathered our own trials and they are not too dissimilar on occasions to those that have passed before. Theirs was a life of witness, war welfare state and its now faltering demise. So many things that we have always known. I know grief is not exclusively theirs but it makes me think, that’s all. Different time, different way of being.
Right the house is calling me and I need to get a wriggle on.

Hope you all have been well and happy.
Take care


Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment